Monday 27 June 2011

Grey mist and an abandoned ship


Sometimes we just lose the meaning of life, forget why even we are on this Earth. Life seems so vacant then. Wherever we look there is a vast emptiness, covered in thick grey mist. Wherever you look there is this thick veil and you can not see past it, or beyond it. You wish if even for once some flash light would stream through that thickness, show you exactly where you are headed. But you are like in an old, abandoned ship in the middle of nowhere. You can feel the sea moving your vessel; you can feel the waves tossing you. But your vision is still vacant.
You lose hope; you do not feel like doing anything. You might want to try to do something, but you do not know where to begin. The things that you loved lost their meanings, things that made you smile no longer makes you happy. What do you do then, wait for the veil to uplift itself, or find a candle in that old, abandoned ship?
This happens to me often. Yes, too often. At some points I just can not understand what to do, how to find a way. I just want to sit still and think about something, meditate on something. But the more I want to focus the more clouded my mind gets.
Then out of nowhere something happens, and I can not even pinpoint what that is. But slowly, I can feel the grey veil uplifting itself. Things come out of hibernation, and I feel the ray of activeness in my being again. I feel energetic. I understand where to begin. I get the aim of my life, and then I sail off. Until the grey mist covers my vision again.
Just wondering how long will this cycle go on; when finally will I reach my concrete shore and know I will never have to meander through the haze again?

No comments:

Post a Comment